Thanks for swinging by my small chunk of the internet. It may not be much, as they say, but it’s home.
For those of you who don’t know me and are just stumbling in, welcome, and the pleasure is all mine. My name is Karl Klockars, writer, broadcaster, podcaster, occasional rock and roll schoolteacher (no, seriously), audio engineer and all-around media type. I’ve been working in radio and broadcast since 1998, writing for even longer and had Twitter been around in grade school I probably would have been on that back then. Alas, the world had to wait for my blasts of 140 characters of brilliance until just a short while ago.
This is my digital base of operations and has gone through a number of iterations since first starting a blog/website in 2004. Originally I created this site as a space to supplement the morning radio show I was hosting and to occasionally poke listeners with a stick of information. Since then it’s been a bit of a journal, a training ground for a wannabe columnist, a spot to dump some links from some of my freelance work and otherwise a place to put my flag in the sands of the e-wastes.
Over there on the right you’ll find some links to the RSS Feeds of some of my podcasts and other website work, but I’ll make it even easier for you. Feel free to inspect and enjoy any of the following:
- Check out my freelance work on my Clips Page.
- Listen to any of my entries to the Chicagoist Podcast Series here, which I created in February of 2009 and have hosted, produced, engineered entirely myself since then.
- Take a look at GuysDrinkingBeer.com, a site I helped build and where I report and review trends, types and examples of the American craft brewing scene.
- In addition, I’ve written about food, dining and drink extensively at CenterstageChicago.com.
- Or, of course, you could follow me on Twitter here.
Should you be thinking, “Hey, this guy isn’t bad, I’d like to throw ridiculous amounts of money at this talented and dynamic young gentleman,” well, I’d be happy to at least discuss your attempts at money throwing. Email me here and we’ll get to talking.
Beyond that, hopefully something posted here will at least tear your attention away from the rest of the world for just a few seconds. Thanks again for swinging by.